Tuesday 20 August 2013

Tanks - first sightings!


Visceral

Water painterly

Moonlit

Weather crafted

Raw

yet realistic and materialistic!



Going all the way back to the principles and drivers of the Legion project and melting them together into a successful new entry to large flat surfaces and the world of tanks has been a time consuming and immensely satisfying affair. The end result is a great foundation for stuff to come and definitely a learning experience. 

I started with a great deal of expectations as I was personally very satisfied with the Venerable Dreadknight (I still owe you proper pictures) and the Mechanicus Automaton. Both models however, where in ways scaled up infantry - walkers and full of detail to apply both my experimental style, directional moon light and dramatic assault of gothic weather.

I am nearly there now! With a few more sessions left and then the mother of all photo sessions to bring you the full army in all of it's gory or glory depending on your taste. I hope to finish painting this weekend and do the photos the following.

Thank you for your patience and here are a few WIPs.





12 comments:

  1. Consider my appetite whetted!

    Look forward to the finished pieces mate :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even in the B+W the 'painterly' details and weathering looks great!

    Awesome - can't wait for the full display!

    ReplyDelete
  3. But shouldn't the Land Raider also be in true scale?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, I missed this earlier. This is where I'd had to draw the line. Ideally I would design everything myself from the start. All the weapons, all humna models, all space marine models, and yes all the vehicles. But this insanity would've stopped at a few concept models that way :)

      Delete
  4. Ooh I can't wait to see em in colour! I look forward to your next update, Migs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic. Having just finished a small force of marines and lots of experimenting I really enjoyed the process as well looking forward to the showecase!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you gentlemen! I'm really excited to get you the final pics as soon as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  7. They look great, can't wait to see them in colour. Your Venerable Dreadnaught inspired the paint scheme on my Rhino and Defiler. http://imgur.com/x5Fr9Az

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOVE that Defiler conversion!

      Delete
    2. Thanks. I tried make a demon engine that was more like a fighter jet than a caged monster. It was about 6 months of playing with parts before I found the combination that worked.

      Delete
  8. Just great! Inspiring pictures as always (even if they are in greyscales).. :)
    Best Morbidus

    ReplyDelete