Wednesday 7 September 2011

The Twist Thundertusk! RRRRROOAAAR!

I've been waiting for the release of the Ogre K Thunder Tusk - yet another fantastic example of just how much GW has upped the game this year - as I want to convert it into a Dune Twist ride. (Think Star Wars sand people mammoth, but more gothic and loaded with twist gear) Those of you not familiar with the model, see here: THUNDER TUSK

Part of the appeal of this Legion project has been the themes within themes, and being able to build what I will and then worry about the rules. But speaking of which, what rules would you use for such a beast in 40k setting?? Currently I am between IG and GK codexes and intend to mix and match from both for my games and the army.

So as I see the Legion project as long time (think a decade r so) hobby labor of love, eventually within the project I may have three or so differently themed armies!

Saturday is the deadline of Pimp My Wizard, and what little hobby time I haven left this month will be with the Legion project and the thunder tusk kit I am picking up.

6 comments:

  1. Oh wow! That's really exciting - I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with this, it's a great kit. I was tempted to buy it just for the tiny roast chicken :)

    I've no idea what rules you would use, though, what about the rules for the Tallarn Mukaali - I suppose even they're too small now I look at them again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very curious what you will do with this model. I hope you make it look unrecognizable as the original model. I dunno, whilst GW has upped their game, these bigger models just remind me of those Thundercats action figures for some reason...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I discussed it with friends, and the Squiggoth rules seem like th best fit :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nemesis dreadknight wouldn't be too far fetched maybe? It's big bad monstrous creature with customizable wargear and straight from the codex.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If it is as big as I think it is the Squiggoth rule probably would work the best, though if it isn't quite that big there are the rules for the large Chaos Spawn as well.

    Either way i'm looking forward to seeing it...

    ReplyDelete
  6. But with Squiggoth rules, will that mean you will base the entire Twists formations on the Orks' list?

    ReplyDelete