Saturday 3 December 2011

Deskjob mini update - full pictorial drawing near!

Patience is a virtue! Sadly I have very little - I excel at anxious waits, tirelessly organising and designing things in my head if I don't have the time or opportunity to work on a project. These past two months have been so overwhelming that for once, the wait was not too bad. But finally two weeks ago our stuff arrived and the household is now fully operational. I had to save the best for the last. So I Spent three hours with the desk today and will spend all of tomorrow setting it up further and touring antique shops and odd joints for little gems to add. Vallejo paints are perfect size for the small drawers and when I organized them in colors (eg all the greens to one drawer) the paints I had also fit perfectly. It feels like this desk was waiting for me all along Nothing I dislike is touching this desk. Pictures very soon!

5 comments:

  1. And Migsula is back! Woohoo! Great to hear that the desk is working out so well and can't wait for the pictures to see how you've set it all up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am frothing with envy, Migs. Can't wait to see how this is starting to come together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear things are coming together for you. Good luck on your next round of "treasure hunting."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just recently found your blog, it's full of inspirational material and epic projects! Will be watching closely...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Having gone without my hobby gear for nearly 8 months straight over 2011, I sympathise with any twitching and twisting of your creative nerves. Nothing worse than an idea maturing in your minds eye and not a piece of plastic in sight to begin modelling it.

    Glad to hear all arrived well, the hobby desk is gorgeous. Have designs on a cartography desk myself this year.

    Look forward to updates now everything is with in reach and accessible via two dozen drawers ;)

    - Tael.

    ReplyDelete